Are you looking for a way to eat like the Godfather and feel like you’ve been Italian gut-bombed? How about trying some vegetarian lasagna? Here is a recipe:
- 1 box of lasagna noodles
- 1 bag of fresh spinach (you can use frozen if you like)
- 1 small onion
- 1 small jar of mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 cups low fat shredded cheese
- Olive Oil
- Boil lasagna noodles until soft. Set aside
- Chop onion and garlic and sauté in olive oil; add spinach and cook down then add mushrooms
- Mix ricotta and Parmesan cheese.
- Whisk egg and add to cheese mixture. Set aside.
- Mix tomato paste with water to thin out slightly. Season to taste.
- Spray 8×8 pan and put spoonful of tomato sauce on the bottom.
- Begin layering: noodles, ricotta cheese mix, tomatoes, spinach mix, shredded cheese.
- Finish with noodles, sauce and cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 45 mins.
** Next week, a recipe for Lettuce Asian Chicken Wraps that even my kids will eat!